Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2013

How to make neater stripes when knitting

I recently learnt something new at my knitting class.

IMG_7424 IMG_7425

I took the class with some of the mom's of Nora's friends. Our leader, Alice, is a sweet old lady who used to teach knitting, sewing etc at schools, but is now a retiree. We met at her house (and yes, she used to treat us with tea or coffee and cake) ever second week earlier this year.

She knows so much about knitting (and, as she said, the opportunities in knitting are endless, so she's still learning new things), she's like a living knitting encyclopedia.

When class begun I had already knitted half of the first sock, the one to the left. Alice taught me how to make the stripe look better: First and last row with the new color, only knit, no purl.

Really simple, and as you see it makes a huge difference and looks much more neat.

Shared at Frontier Dreams :)

Ps. Yes, it's 1 knit, 1 purl on the left sock and 2 knit, 2 purl on the right one. I had forgotten the first one at home when beginning the second one, and didn't remember correctly ...

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails