Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

knitted + felted slippers

tofflor tofflorunder

Do you remember the slippers I was knitting on a few weeks ago? I finished them last week and felted them in the washing machine. They shrunk by 50% and are now as long as Nora's feet :-) Nora had chosen the yarn and now she told me she wanted pink and purple butterflies on them. I needle felted the butterflies and added some pink and blue glass beads. I put "sock stop" under them. The yarn and pattern are from Garnstudio. The yarn is Eskimo and you can find the pattern here.

I am very happy with the results. They're pretty and they're her size. Nora's opinion? "I don't think they're so comfortable." She does everything she can to keep her old slippers, that are about three sizes too small (she's walking on their heels) and has a big hole in the front (growing every week). But I think (or hope) she'll change her mind after using them for a week. Because that's what I told her: Wear them only one week and hopefully you'll get used to them, and if you don't like them by the end of that week, we'll think of something else. She agreed to that.

Today has been about walking - but in other ways. Nora and I went to my physiotherapist and I borrowed crutches + some other things that will help me and simplify my life. Now it's just a few weeks until the baby will arrive, and after that I will soon recover and be able to walk again. However now I will spend a few days learning to walk with crutches. I've never done that before.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure this artіcle has touсhed all the inteгnet viеωeгs, its
    really rеally plеasant pоѕt on building up new blog.



    Looκ аt my blog post ... AmericasCardRoom Bonus

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails